Friday, April 10, 2009

The Day My Electronics Died

An ode to my laptop, my cell phone and MP3 player which have gone kaput in the last month.

(With apologies to Don McLean and everyone who likes American Pie and to those who would rather not have the tune stuck in their heads.)

A long, long time ago, I can still remember when
My MP3 played all my songs

And I used to think if I had my chance
I could text some people and
maybe they'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver
cause my laptop would not deliver

Bad news in the main hall
My phone would not take one more call

I can't remember if I cried when my MP3 froze up outside
But something touched me deep inside

The day my electronics died.

So bye bye my electronic life
Took my MP3 out running and now it's all dry
Nothing else to do but drink whiskey and rye

And sing this is the day they all died
The day all my electronics died.

No comments:

Post a Comment