Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What's the Buzz?

I've been busy this season with holiday prep and my daughter's birthday but more on that later. I wanted to call attention to this great article in the (yeah, you guessed it) New York Times about the political buzz words of 2008.

It made me think of all the times I've tried to use hip, new words only to be shot down by my friends and family. Once, I adopted "411" and "dilio" (not even sure if I'm spelling it right) until Brian said, "Enough, already."

But I think the nadir of my experimenting with new slang came when my daughter asked if she could do something and I responded by saying, no and then explaining my answer. I ended (and I thought it most mavericky of me) by saying, "Word." She looked at me and said, "You are way to mommy for word."

She didn't go there...oh yes, she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment