Tuesday, February 24, 2015

As I Was Saying...

Yeah, so I thought I would start my blog up again.  Why?  Well, that's a very good question and I don't have a very good answer.  I have:

  1. I'm looking for a creative outlet
  2. I'm trying to figure out this part of my life (and hoping that someone else would come up with the answer)
  3. I'm bored.
  4. I've been recruited by the CIA and this blog is my way of sending secret messages to my contacts.

Take your pick.

The backstory:  Professional stage manager with children whose life hits a snag when the children become teenagers and she realizes that her only time to spend with them is when she is working.  It's Mildred Pierce meets The Guilt Trip...nope not even a little bit.

So I got a real job.  It took a while though.  Oh I'll tell you all about it another time.  In the meanwhile, my job now has it's benefits:  University, close to home (1.5 miles), nice people, etc.  I have a second job there supervising and teaching the stage managers of the theater department so I get to keep my toe in the water so to speak.

And I've got lots to tell you about aborted singing lessons, circus, boot camps, old age injuries (man they suck), fun new drinks, food, and all the other fun things you try in your 40's while screaming:  I'M NOT OLD YET! We'll talk.

3 comments:

  1. i need to go dig my decoder ring out of the boxes in the basement
    so that i can figure out the orders....

    ha.

    i am not old yet.
    really my 40s are just beginning...ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think your forties are a kick in the pants, just wait...

    ReplyDelete