Monday, August 3, 2009

Blogging Vacation

Things always happen at once, at least for me. Last week, I took the kids "down the shore" for the day on Thursday, then on Friday the entire family went to DC to visit friends, and tomorrow, I'm off to Vermont with the kids to see my mom.

Basically, I haven't blogged for a while and I won't be, at least for the next week. My mom is, well, you could say retro if you were so inclined; electronically that is. Growing up, we never had cable because my mother did not believe in paying for television. She still doesn't have cable. Her view is that if it's not on PBS, it's not worth watching. Unless, of course, it's Jeopardy! Then she'll watch it.

So you can imagine her Internet connection, which doesn't exist. I guess I'll be off-line for a bit but that's okay. It's rather nice NOT having a computer. It'll force me to fill the time with other things: books, conversations, Jeopardy! I'm sorry I won't be checking everyone's blog but I promise to catch up when I'm back. It'll be something to look forward to: a glass of wine and perusing blogs. Sounds lovely, doesn't it?

Have a great week everyone and, uh, let's hope there's something good on PBS!

2 comments:

  1. good luck with PBS...lol. i hope you have a great break, just think of all the stories you'll come back with. see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never feel you have to have an excuse in not watching more TV...

    ReplyDelete